Subject Matter Tutoring
- This program involves only academic tutoring, and is ideal for students with minimal to no cognitive struggles, who only need academic assistance in particular subject matters.
- Although this program does not involve any cognitive tutoring, the tutor will be intimately familiar with the student’s cognitive profile and incorporate it into the academic tutoring.
- The program can be utilized in conjunction with public schools, private schools, concurrent enrollment, and homeschooling. • This program has no set duration, and is ongoing for as long as the student needs assistance. The tutor will meet with the student for 3-5 hours per week in their home.
- If a student is in a public or private school setting, academic tutoring will be focused on their current curriculum. During school vacations, parents can choose to have the tutor work on supplementary materials with the student.
- If a student is concurrently enrolled or being homeschooled, parents can enlist the services of our Home Education Consultant, Kathryn Porter, who is an expert in customized curriculums and home education plans. Tutors will then assist with the academic needs of the student’s curriculum.
- Our subject matter tutors have demonstrated expert knowledge in their particular subject matter, and are able to teach the material in ways that will be most beneficial for your child.