Academic and Cognitive Tutoring
- This program involves both academic and cognitive tutoring, and can be utilized in conjunction with public schools, private schools, concurrent enrollment, and homeschooling.
- The program is 80 hours in duration, and the tutor will meet with the student for 3-5 hours per week in their home.
- If a student is in a public or private school setting, academic tutoring will be focused on their current curriculum. During school vacations, parents can choose to have the tutor work on supplementary materials with the student.
- If a student is concurrently enrolled or being homeschooled, parents can enlist the services of our Home Education Consultant, Kathryn Porter, who is an expert in customized curriculums and home education plans. Tutors will then assist with the academic needs of the student’s curriculum.
- Cognitive tutoring will be administered based on the student’s cognitive profile, and activities will be selected from a battery of cognitive exercises.
- The assigned tutor will construct detailed tracking notes every week, which will be shared with both the parents and the Director of Education Services.